Ever wanted to explore Western Australia's Kimberley region? Are you dedicated to improving access to rural healthcare? Do you have a passion for exploring the great outdoors, and a commitment to making a difference in people's lives?
The Royal Flying Doctors Service (RFDS) have been providing medical services to the West Australian people for over 90 years. As one of Australia's most iconic brands, every hour of every day, the RFDS is performing lifesaving work. We are now looking for dedicated healthcare practitioners to join our devoted team based in Broome on a full-time basis. This is the perfect opportunity for you to explore Broome's tropical, pristine beaches while making a difference to the wellbeing of the people in the community.
We need experienced and empathetic doctors to provide a wide range of clinical services, including:
- Aeromedical retrieval
- Flying medical clinics and
- Indigenous health
- Registration, or the ability to register, with AHPRA (Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency) as a Medical Practitioner
- A minimum of five years of postgraduate experience
- Significant experience in emergency medicine, anaesthesia, and acute paediatrics
- Able to independently manage critically ill and injured patients, including procedural skills relevant to critical care medicine
- Excellent communication and teamwork
- FACRRM or FRACGP or equivalent, or experienced career medical officers
- Obstetric experience
- Primary health care experience
- Experience in pre-hospital or retrieval medicine
- Experience in regional or remote medical practice
- Full-time role with a formal orientation program provided
- Laptop and mobile phone provided
- Professional development allowance, study leave provisions, salary packaging
- Up to 8 weeks of annual leave per year
- Housing and a motor vehicle supplied
If this role is strongly matched to your skills and experience (and you are looking for your next adventure!), please contact Tania Baldwin, Senior Human Resources Business Partner, on +61 8 9417 6527 to discuss possible opportunities.
The Royal Flying Doctors Service is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from culturally diverse backgrounds and people with disabilities to apply.
To apply for this job go to: www.rfdswajobs.com.au